13 June 2009

First Post in Country

So far so good. This is going to be short because it is costing money to be on the internet and my longer post is on my computer in my village. I am currently two weeks in and am loving it! The language is hard, especially because it is a totally different alphabet but it makes sense in the fact that each letter has a specific sound and it doesnt change. Unlike english, where an 'a' can sound 3 different ways, Armenia has a letter for each sound.

But that is language... my host family is really nice. I have a mother, father, brother and sister. My brother and sister are early teens and love to play cards. It works out well. I have been having a lot of down time in the afternoon but will meet people to study or go on short hikes. And hikes they are... being from Florida going to a mountainous region has been quite 'fun'. But oh well... its good for me.

I will post more later, as soon as I remember to bring my flash drive with me...

Love you all! Hope all is well in the States or wherever you are!

Hajo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you made it through the 30 min uphill hike for the internet... it's like going to the gym :-)

Shirley said...

hey sooooo glad that all is going well! Miss ya and love ya Shirley

Anonymous said...

Hey Cous,

Glad to hear you are safe. I will watch your blogs to see how your adventures are going. If you need anything that I can send, just post it and I will get it to you the best I can. Be safe, take many hikes, and HAVE FUN! They will be blessed to have to there for 2 years!

Kristi