27 June 2009

Site Post

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the comments on my blogs, it is nice to know that people are reading what I am doing!

So I found out my site last Wednesday! I will be going to Aragatsavan in Aragasotn Marz. A marz is area in Armenian. It is located on the eastern side of Armenia, and my village is a border town with Turkey. I will be able to see Turkey from my community but can't visit due to the closed borders. Apparently PC people joke that it is the moon because it is very rocky and dusty. It is warm/hot in summer and has milder winters than everywhere else, but will still get snow on occasion.

I will be the second volunteer in that marz and the first EE volunteer! The paperwork says that they are interested in incoporating environmental topics into their school, either in the curriculum or in after-school activities. It seems very open right now, and I get to find out more when I have a site visit. In about two weeks, I will be going to my site for 4 days! I can't wait to meet my new host family! I have been told that they are very nice with a big house!

4th of July is coming up and we get to throw an American party for our village! I can't wait!

I will post more, but thought I would let you know some of what has been going on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear how your 4th of July goes!
Wow the moon it sounds very cool and you'll be able to kinda set it up the way you want to ! Very cool!
love ya Shirley

Anonymous said...

Hey! Lots of people are reading your posts but are not able to comment! It's kinda frustrating! Love you! Mom